Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Poorly-timed Phone Call

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ADeadLois, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    A few weeks ago I was rejected from the med school associated with my alma mater. Today, I received a phone call, and the caller ID indicated it was from that area code. Intrigued, I answered.

"Hi, my name is BLAH BLAH from ***Alma Matter*** University. I have some important information for you. Do you have a minute?"

"Yes!"

I momentarily get my hopes up, hoping to hear "Your rejection letter was sent in error."

Not the case.

"The Alumni Association is happy to offer *** graduates a credit card with no annual fee...."

<<Hang Up>>

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. IceMan0824

IceMan0824 Holy crip, he's a crapple

Non-Student
    Don't hang up on the alumni association. Did you at least donate some money? Does starving undergrads need a new tv monitor in the student lounge.

4. mdvargas

mdvargas Crystal ball reader

Pre-Medical
    Oh gosh, that is just too horrible, shame on them! Be glad you got rejected from there...

5. sheepunite

sheepunite Member

Medical Student
    seriously.
    who wants to continue attending a school that'll hand deliver you to the credit card ghouls?

6. ADeadLois

ADeadLois Senior Member

Medical Student
    I've receive these solicitations before, and I understand why I'm getting them (I had expressed interest in getting an alumni credit card in the past)

I just found the wording of her greeting and timing to be cruelly ironic considering the circumstances.

7. mdvargas

mdvargas Crystal ball reader

Pre-Medical
    :thumbup: