Popular Pre-med majors?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wants2give

Gangsturrrrrrr
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So what is everyone majoring, I am currently completing the courses required to technically be considered a molecular toxicology major. What is every one else here majoring!?:idea:

Members don't see this ad.

Human Biology... generic as it gets.

Biology. I would estimate that 80% of premeds major in biology, but that is not to say that 80% of those accepted into medical school are majoring in biology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Chemistry with an option in Biochemistry right now, who knows if Ill change in the next three years.

leisure studies

chemistry, i might change it to biochemistry since biology is kind of cool.

Double major- Biomedical Sciences and Spanish

Roughly 50% of applicants major in one of the biological sciences. But only 42% matriculate. I am a History major.

Members don't see this ad :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelizabeth292
biology major.
psychology minor.

Me too :)

Me three!

When I decided to go the pre-med route though, when I was 16, I wanted to be any major except biology because it's so common. Well, I like it too much, lol. At my school, about 9 out of 10 life science majors (biology, biochem, neuroscience, anatomy & physiology, etc.) are pre-meds.

Business Administration

Last edited:
Kinesiology baby! The most bad ass of them all :luck:. I was a psych minor but had to drop it for stupid reasons, and probably would have been a religious studies minor if i had started earlier. But whatever, minors dont mean anything anyway. I guess its just my way of saying i would have liked to have taken more courses in that subject!

Biochemistry with a minor in Classical Greek.

History and Philosophy of Science.

Natural sciences which is basically my school's special pre-med major. I'll specialize in either chemistry or biology.

Biochemistry and lovin everything about it except p-chem! Really is as bad as they say it is!

Kinesiology baby! The most bad ass of them all :luck:. I was a psych minor but had to drop it for stupid reasons, and probably would have been a religious studies minor if i had started earlier. But whatever, minors dont mean anything anyway. I guess its just my way of saying i would have liked to have taken more courses in that subject!

Physiological sciences for me... it used to be the kinesiology department back in the day. I believe the reason why they changed it was because the department started adding neuroscience courses and so it expanded to physiology.

Physiological sciences for me... it used to be the kinesiology department back in the day. I believe the reason why they changed it was because the department started adding neuroscience courses and so it expanded to physiology.

did whiting tell you that :laugh:

Double major in Biology and Southeast Asian Studies

Cognitive Science and Philosophy

Double major in Mathematics and General Studies

I'm a little surprised only one other person here is math-y...

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major (basically, a little more bio than biochem, but a little more chem than bio), minor in Mathematics :) I loves me some math, but didn't want anything more to do with it when the homework stopped having numbers (aka Abstract Math)!

Neuroscience... but I'm more into cell bio.

Engineering Physics with a design sequence in chemical engineering (oil-field trash degree)

Minor in chemistry (actually, biochem, it was just less paperwork for the chemistry minor)

I wish I could minor in dance, but it's only offered as a major. So I just take random dance classes and get credit for it :D

Majoring in Sociology.... looks like I am the only one??

Thank you all for playing but unfortunately the correct answer that we were looking for was Mechanical Engineering :D.