Portable Dental Unit, INFO WANTED

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrinceOfPersiA

BUSDM c/o 2009
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear fellow dental students & SDN freinds:
I'm currently a DMDII at BU and I was looking into portable dental units, so I can practice in my apartment.
If anyone has info what I need to do this please let me know. I just want to hook up my high and slow speed so im thinking I just need an air compressor... but I dont know, so if anyone has knowledge in this area please share...

Members don't see this ad.

Find a local dental lab in your area and ask them. You probably are going to have to get one buillt. That is the best place to start asking.

Members don't see this ad :)
If money isn't a problem, there are electric dental handpieces. Or you can get an air compressor with a regulator that gives the proper psi. This takes some engineering skills to get all the fittings correct. It could be easier to stay late in the lab at school if it's allowed.

By the way I admire your dedication to practicing. The more you do the quicker your skills will develop. Try to use some extracted teeth and not just typodont.

good luck

Just as a side note, try to have a dustbuster to collect the dust or it can get messy.:D