1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Portable Dental Unit, INFO WANTED

Discussion in 'Dental' started by PrinceOfPersiA, Mar 25, 2007.

1. PrinceOfPersiA

PrinceOfPersiA BUSDM c/o 2009
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Dear fellow dental students & SDN freinds:
    I'm currently a DMDII at BU and I was looking into portable dental units, so I can practice in my apartment.
    If anyone has info what I need to do this please let me know. I just want to hook up my high and slow speed so im thinking I just need an air compressor... but I dont know, so if anyone has knowledge in this area please share...

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. TempleDMD

TempleDMD Membership Revoked
    Removed

Dental Student
    Find a local dental lab in your area and ask them. You probably are going to have to get one buillt. That is the best place to start asking.

4. setdoc7

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Adec makes a portable unit with a built in compressor, works well, but it's going to cost you plenty.

5. docj1

docj1 Walleye Whacker
    2+ Year Member

Dentist
    If money isn't a problem, there are electric dental handpieces. Or you can get an air compressor with a regulator that gives the proper psi. This takes some engineering skills to get all the fittings correct. It could be easier to stay late in the lab at school if it's allowed.

By the way I admire your dedication to practicing. The more you do the quicker your skills will develop. Try to use some extracted teeth and not just typodont.

good luck

6. docj1

docj1 Walleye Whacker
    2+ Year Member

Dentist
    Just as a side note, try to have a dustbuster to collect the dust or it can get messy.:D