Postdoc Invitation Thread (2021-2022)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from the Atlanta VA or North Florida/South Georgia VA?
I am waiting on atlanta Va. I believe the TD sent an email about getting back t ous by today or tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad.

Official Site Name: Bay Pines VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/20/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call from training director
Specialty Track or Site: PTSD/Women’s clinic
Interview Dates Offered: 2/5 and 2/8

Also, I think I saw one person mention hearing from Palo Alto VA for the PTSD track. Has anyone else heard from them?

Reactions: 1 user
Had anyone heard from Cleveland VA Clinical track? Health track already started interviewing, but so far no one has heard from clinical... unless none of the people I know I got interviews 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
Had anyone heard from Cleveland VA Clinical track? Health track already started interviewing, but so far no one has heard from clinical... unless none of the people I know I got interviews 😂

I heard from PTSD track yesterday, it was the preceptor who reached out so it looks like the tracks are on different schedules.

Has anyone heard from TIRR/Baylor for neuropsychology? The application was due 1/1 and I've heard nothing.

Has anyone heard from TIRR/Baylor for neuropsychology? The application was due 1/1 and I've heard nothing.
Hello. I got an invite last week and interviewed yesterday. Mine was for the Spanish Neuropsychology track, but it is my understanding that both tracks were being interviewed the same days.

Official Site Name: North Florida/South Georgia VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health
Interview Dates Offered: 1/25 - 2/9
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane
: What is sanity

Reactions: 2 users
REJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Site Name:
McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School
Date Rejection Received: 1/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Impersonal email lmao
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child/Adolescent DBT
Interview Dates Offered: none
If & How you're staying sane: Feeling good making it through interviews and realizing I do know things!!

I e-mailed McLean because I submitted my app about two months ago and was curious if I should continue looking for their invitation, finally got word back that I was not selected! I am surprised that I am taking these so well- not hurt, just relieved that I don't have to schedule an interview :rofl:

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
FWIW, I did my postdoc in Boston, and McLean did not have the best rep there, surprisingly!

I appreciate that information. Maybe this is reaction formation to protect my feelings :rofl: but I was sort of irritated with them for taking so long to notify one way or the other, so I was already getting a bad taste in my mouth, haha. It's for the better! Thank you for sharing that, I know I'll be having to search for jobs at the end of post-doc, so it's nice to have this data point.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
REJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Site Name:
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Impersonal email lmao
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Child/Adolescent DBT
If & How you're staying sane: Feeling good making it through interviews and realizing I do know things!!

I e-mailed McLean because I submitted my app about two months ago and was curious if I should continue looking for their invitation, finally got word back that I was not selected! I am surprised that I am taking these so well- not hurt, just relieved that I don't have to schedule an interview :rofl:
I'm not a TD and have never had to hire anyone, but how hard is it to send a rejection email as a courtesy, even if you are super busy? You aren't typing up a ten page report to let someone know.

I'm not a TD and have never had to hire anyone, but how hard is it to send a rejection email as a courtesy, even if you are super busy? You aren't typing up a ten page report to let someone know.

At larger sites a lot of times this is handled by an admin person. Unfortunately things get missed every now and then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted the Martinez neuropsychology position at the Northern California VA. They still have the Sacramento position to fill I believe. Good luck to everyone in the process!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
REJECTION!!!!!!!!!!!

Official Site Name:

From someone who works at Mclean (not me), I've heard they are really strong clinically but alarmingly disorganized as an institution (if that helps at all!)

Official Site Name: Bay Pines VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/21/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Voice mail from training director
Specialty Track or Site: PTSD/Women’s PCMHI
Interview Dates Offered: ?? (Not sure wasn't able to answer)

I spent 9-4 refreshing my inbox knowing I was running out of time only to get three invites in the early evening...

Official Site Name: Brown
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Phone call from TD (area code was Florida!)
Specialty Track or Site: Ped Neuro
Interview Dates Offered: 1/27 and 1/28 in the evening

Official Site Name: U New Mexico
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal e-mail with general attachment with dates and times
Interview Dates Offered: 1/25, 1/26, 2/01, 2/02, 2/03

Official Site Name: Dallas Children's
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Email
Interview Dates Offered: 2/2

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Rejection email this morning from Atlanta VA Generalist Program.

• Care
  • Wow
Want to get a second opinion: Is it typical for postdoc to offer relocation assistance? Is this something people are asking in their interviews?

Official Site Name: Hampton VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/8
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): phone call
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums):
Interview Dates Offered: 2/1; 2:3
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: training for half marathon, eating healthy, getting LOTS of sleep

** edit to share invites.

DC VA MC SMI track 12/28, phone call; SEH Genera outpatient/SMI; 1/4; phone call

😁

Last edited:
Official Site Name: Atlanta VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Health
Interview Dates Offered: 2/2, 2/3, 2/4

Official Site Name: Kennedy krieger
Date Invitation Received: 1/8/21
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums)
:pediatric psychology consultation program
Interview Dates Offered: :1/14, 1/22 and 2/1 (half day)
(In honor of years past) If & How you're staying sane: still wine and Netflix

Posting again for my friend!
Congrats to you friend!

Anyone heard from Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Psychotherapy; The Family Center at Kennedy Krieger- childhood Trauma; or Miami VA SMI?

Anyone heard from Cambridge Health Alliance Center for Psychotherapy; The Family Center at Kennedy Krieger- childhood Trauma; or Miami VA SMI?
I applied for a different track at Miami VA but have not heard either if that helps at all.

Anyone still waiting on Mt Sinai DBT, Hartford Hospital Adolescent Inpatient, Long Island Medical Center/Zucker Hillside Hospital Adolescent Inpatient or heard anything? My only three sites left, I'm getting antsy! My cohort mate got an invite to Hartford but for a different track, so unsure if I should count it out yet.

Also, does anyone here have familiarity with Primary Children's Hospital? I would love to DM you for info, if possible.

Has anyone heard from or know someone who has heard from La Rabida (Child Abuse and Trauma)? Deadline was 12/31 and I feel like interviews should've gone out by now. TIA!

Official Site Name: Ohio State University
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal? email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Primary Care
Interview Dates Offered: a number of days between 1/29 and 2/17 via a doodle poll

I’m staying sane by trying not to be on here very much so I don’t freak myself. And reading anything that isn’t psychology related. And cuddling with my dog.

Reactions: 4 users
Official Site Name: Cambridge Health Alliance
If & How you're staying sane: knitting

Reactions: 5 users
Anyone still waiting on Mt Sinai DBT, Hartford Hospital Adolescent Inpatient, Long Island Medical Center/Zucker Hillside Hospital Adolescent Inpatient or heard anything? My only three sites left, I'm getting antsy! My cohort mate got an invite to Hartford but for a different track, so unsure if I should count it out yet.

Also, does anyone here have familiarity with Primary Children's Hospital? I would love to DM you for info, if possible.
Have you searched SDN? (I assume you did).

Only because I am still waiting on Western State Hospital, but I saw a previous post doc thread where they sent out invites on 01/28 so that was quite late...maybe these sites are like that?

• Love
Have you searched SDN? (I assume you did).

Only because I am still waiting on Western State Hospital, but I saw a previous post doc thread where they sent out invites on 01/28 so that was quite late...maybe these sites are like that?
Yes, I have been LURKIN!!!!!!

I see 1/23 and 1/25 for Hartford Hospital and I think 1/23, 1/25, and 1/29 for LIJMCZH so there is still a chance. I'm just being so antsy to get all of these interviews out of the way, haha. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for Western State Hospital! Did you apply to them for internship? I remember I did and I received a rejection, but it was the KINDEST and most personal rejection, and the training director was so gracious in even corresponding a bit with me afterward. I don't know if internship and postdoc TDs are similar, but I remember feeling fondly toward them.

My third rejection came in! Again, after I reached out to them. I am wondering if sites just don't send rejection notifications this year... so far I haven't gotten any without e-mailing first.

Official Site Name: Mount Sinai Morningside
Date Rejection Received: 1/22
Method of Rejection (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adolescent DBT
If & How you're staying sane: Gonna go run with doggie!!!

Happy Friday, y'all!!!!! We are almost through this hurdle!!

• Love
Yes, I have been LURKIN!!!!!!

I see 1/23 and 1/25 for Hartford Hospital and I think 1/23, 1/25, and 1/29 for LIJMCZH so there is still a chance. I'm just being so antsy to get all of these interviews out of the way, haha. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you for Western State Hospital! Did you apply to them for internship? I remember I did and I received a rejection, but it was the KINDEST and most personal rejection, and the training director was so gracious in even corresponding a bit with me afterward. I don't know if internship and postdoc TDs are similar, but I remember feeling fondly toward them.

My third rejection came in! Again, after I reached out to them. I am wondering if sites just don't send rejection notifications this year... so far I haven't gotten any without e-mailing first.

Official Site Name: Mount Sinai Morningside
Date Rejection Received: 1/22
Method of Rejection (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Adolescent DBT
If & How you're staying sane: Gonna go run with doggie!!!

Happy Friday, y'all!!!!! We are almost through this hurdle!!
Hi so no I did not apply there for internship but that is good to know!!
And omg 1/25-1/29 is such late notification dates! I can't wait until I am done waiting on replies, so I can stop obsessing over email until it gets closer to the UND.

Awesome! Which track?

Rejection from Northwest Forensic Institute. Honestly it was nice of them to send a rejection instead of not sending anything!

• Wow
I applied to 6 (4 neuros, 2 geros, all in the same metro area) and was invited for all. Got rejected from 2, offer from 1, and withdrew my application from consideration for the rest.

Last edited:
question to all! What’s your ratio of applications : interviews?

10 out of 15 (I went a little far), and one site still waiting to hear from that had a mid Jan application due date

11 out of 13. One rejection and still waiting on one more. I also withdrew one application so technically 10 interviews.

5:9 ( 3 rejections, still waiting to hear from one, withdrew from one).

11 applications, 10 interviews, still waiting to hear about the last application that was due last week.

6 applications 3 interviews. I haven’t heard from 3

Which track?

Does anyone know if UTHealth Tyler is doing the UND? They have the old handbook from 2018-2019 and they did then. Just curious if anyone knows - I interview with them Tuesday so I can ask then. But doing my interview studying now.

Edit: nevermind - I found it LOL they do NOT follow APPIC selection guidelines.

13:10

- still waiting to hear from 3 sites with later deadlines (no indication they've extended invites yet)

Any news from Stanford University CAPS and Florida Atlantic CAPS??