Possibility of entering med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laserdex

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I am a foreign student currently majoring in biomedical engineering as my undergraduate studies. As I have screwed up my grades for my first year of studies, my overall GPA is affected.

May I know how can I go about to improve the situation? WIll a good MCAT score increase my chances? What should I do now? Should I shadow doctors?

Do appreciate any forms of help out there!

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

How "screwed up" are your grades?
You can increase your chances by getting better grades from here on. A good MCAT score will help, but it will not make up for a 2.0 GPA.
You will want some shadowing and volunteering. Research is always a plus but not absolutely necessary. You can also get a part time job. Try and see if there are tutoring or TA positions available at your school.

Hey there,

I am a foreign student currently majoring in biomedical engineering as my undergraduate studies. As I have screwed up my grades for my first year of studies, my overall GPA is affected.

May I know how can I go about to improve the situation? WIll a good MCAT score increase my chances? What should I do now? Should I shadow doctors?

Do appreciate any forms of help out there!

Thank you!
Three or four more years of excellent college grades will go a long way toward diluting out the mediocre grades of a freshman year. If your current study strategies aren't effective, meet with an adviser for some help figuring things out. You could also consider changing majors if you think this one is too challenging.

Are you a permanent resident? Otherwise, it will be nearly impossible.

Reactions: 1 user