Possibility of giving deferrals for EDP offers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medasez

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I didn't get any interviews as a Canadian (non US citizen) applying in the states this cycle, probably cause I completed my whole application by mid July. Stats are 3.94/513 (125 CARS and third MCAT), bunch of research/ECs/leadership/volunteering. Currently finishing a gap year working, but am planning on pursuing a clinical research masters starting September 2020 for two years. I was thinking of applying to Wayne's EDP application this upcoming cycle, and potentially get an offer before Oct 1st, 2020. If in the off chance I do get an offer, do you think they will allow me to defer it one year to finish my masters? Reason why I want to finish my masters is to be more competitive during residencies, considering I'm an international student. I want to apply this upcoming cycle and not the next one for assurance (if I don't get in I won't do EDP again), and if I don't enjoy my masters I could hop out if needed. Not that I'm not interested in doing a masters, I would rather be doing a masters than another gap year, but I don't want another gap year if I don't get in the next round after completing masters. I've finished two application cycles right now, did better on my MCAT, finished up a gap year, and still not getting in makes me queasy to start masters and then apply.

Members don't see this ad.