possible ERAS problem?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coleman

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got word from both the Dean at my school and our EM Residency that there is some sort of problem with ERAS.

Although ADTS is showing documents as being downloaded by progams, that has not always been the case. One student had a program call him asking where his Dean's letter was when the ADTS showed it as being dowloaded.

They are suggesting that we all contact EACH program we are applying to ensure they have everything.

I hope this is not the case as they would be crazy for each Residency, but this may explain some of the lull. I don' know.

Anyone else heard anything similar?

Members don't see this ad.

Grreaaatttttt!

I have had a similar problem today as well. One program told me that they never got my personal statement or transcript despite ADTS showing they were downloaded back in September. Despite repeated attempts to re-download my stuff, they don't ever receive those documents. Are we supposed to contact each of our 20,30, or even 40 programs we applied to? They have enough to do without having to respond to all those emails requesting they check our files.

I emailed ERAS directly but havent gotten a response yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
. . .if you check your ADTS (like all of you haven't done that 10 times already) you may notice new documents being downloaded. ERAS may be trying to resubmit to everyone the documents, but it looks like the worst may be going on.

As much as this sucks for us, I can't imagine being programs with the issue arising and the possibility of 500 students emailing you asking if their application is complete!

Please DO NOT PANIC!!

I contacted my Dean's office, there is a normal protocol which programs and the Dean's office go through.

Typically, if a program cannot download a students application, they will then contact the school to have them take a look and resubmit if necessary. Our Dean's office will also call other programs that that student has applied to to see if they have had a problem. If only one program has a problem, it is more then likely on the programs side. If they all have had a problem then it is on the school's side of things (and they will try and retransmit).

So far at my school (EVMS) there have been no problems and our Dean's office has not been contacted.

I sugest that people who are worried first call their school or ERAS before contacting all the programs and slowing down the review process.

B

My ERAS Alerts has changed today to say "system status: normal." They must have been flooded with e-mails.