SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

possible for US educated doctor to practice in ENgland

Discussion in 'UK & Ireland' started by LatinaDr1984, Mar 28, 2007.

  1. LatinaDr1984

    LatinaDr1984 2+ Year Member

    Feb 7, 2007

    I was wondering, is it difficult for a physician educated in the US to go and work in ENgland, particularly London? Thanks so much!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. zeyad

    zeyad Soon-to-be resident 10+ Year Member

    Apr 16, 2006
    I think its "theoretically" possible.. but its soooo unlikely and difficult that its almost impossible. Its hard enough for EU students to find jobs, let alone non-EU! Correct me if i'm wrong though..
  4. leorl

    leorl Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

    Jan 2, 2001
    what zeyad says is most likely correct. In this day and age, it is very difficult. Especially if you are non-EU with no ties to the UK. If you are an expert in your field, than maybe. If not, you may be required to repeat training. However, please do a search within these forums. THere have been multiple past threads (recently) about this subject, with links you can go to to check eligibility with the UK medical council.

Share This Page