MD Possible Medical Schools with these Stats?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coldfusion34

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What schools could I apply with the following stats:
Biomedical Engineering Major at Georgia Tech
3.62 GPA
3.52 BCPM
31 diagnostic MCAT (yet to take the actual)
100 hours Volunteering
100 hours shadowing
1)President/Founder of a engineering/pre-health club focused on helping engineering students get into medical school
2) 2 semesters Neuroscience research (complete live surgeries on rats(anasthesia, cutting and stitching sciatic nerves, suturing and stapling rat back up), lots of cell culture, immunohistology (nerve sectioning and staining)
3) Industry Chair, Exec board member Neuroscience
4) PLUS Leader(kinda like a TA) for Calculus II (500 hours) and had super high attendance --> (upto 150-200 kids in a single session)
5) Mentor for AMSA (2 semesters)

My biggest concern is my GPA. I got Bs in all my bio and chem classes except Organic Chem 2(Got an A) . A s in all Physics and Math classes which sort of saving my GPA and BCPM. I know I'm very involved in ECs otherwise. Its just the GPA and MCAT scaring me.
Can I compensate this by performing on the MCAT in bio? What schools around Georgia would probably take me with my EC's, GPA, and potentially a 31 MCAT?

I would like to go ahead and thank you guys for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll answer this assuming you get a 31 on the actual thing. If you get below a 30, it would probably be wise to apply to mostly DO schools. You have great ECs but your GPA is on the lower end of the spectrum. Some MD schools you should look into:

Western Michigan
Drexel
Rosalind Franklin
MCW
Temple
VCOMM
George Washington (maybe)
Oakland
Albany
Eastern Virginia

Also depends on your state school

All gonna come down to that MCAT. Best of luck

Impossible to predict MCAT based on diagnostic. Come back when you take the real thing.

Reactions: 1 user