Possible Reapp-What Should I do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Icantplayspades

Membership Revoked
Removed
Account on Hold
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current: approx. 3.3c and 3.0s GPA. 500 MCAT. I applied and finished most secondaries this September-October and I'm under review/waiting to hear back. If I'm going to reapply in the future, what should I do (keeping in mind I CANNOT go back and take undergrad courses). I'm a URM with good letters and ECs and research. In addition, I applied to the HBCU medical schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools did you apply to? Where is your state of residence? Which URM group do you belong to?

I applied mostly in Florida (resident) and the southeast. I’m African American.

The GPA-MCAT grid shows you have almost a 60% chance of a MD acceptance with your stats. You choose the appropriate schools with you Florida schools and the HBCU's. The interview season extends until March so I expect you will receive interviews. Add NOVA MD to your application since they just began accepting applications to their new MD program in the past week or so. In the meantime you could add more clinical volunteering hours. If you need to reapply next year apply to at least 10 DO schools also and you are competitive for most DO schools.