Possible schedule change question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cortana431

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a freshman biomedical engieering major and right now I'm taking Intro level Bio, Chem and Physics. I'm in Calculus II but I am literally BORED out of my mind in that class. I received AP credit for AP Calc BC (got a 5) and I consider myslef to be very good at math. So I have a few questions

The next level math class would be Intro to Differential equations. My question is: do most medical schools accept AP credit for Calculus? I know few, if any accept for bio and physics but is the same true for Calculus? or would taking differential equations satisfy one of the semester requirements?

So my two options would be to either

a) add Differential equations and keep Calculus II (Would be taking 5 classes, first semester freshman)

b) drop Calc II and add Differential equations instead.

THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I would still probably take Multivariable calculus and/or Statistics.

Didn't classes just start? You're just a freshman, don't be so overconfident.

Every school differs in their math requirement so noone can give u a universal answer.

And btw, I was BORED in nearly every single class during college...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, but the window is closing to change classes and I am honestly extremely comfortable with calculus and math.

Does differential equations count towards the calc requirement for medical school?

Yes, but the window is closing to change classes and I am honestly extremely comfortable with calculus and math.

Does differential equations count towards the calc requirement for medical school?

I don't think any schools even require calculus?

If you know you're gonna beast Calc 2 then why do you need our approval? Each school varies on if they accept AP...but again Calc is never? a requirement I've seen so who cares anyway.

i'm not asking for your approval; just for advice. I'll make the switch.