possible to improve verbal within a week or should i postpone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whiteshadodw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my test is in a week and i'm faced with the dilemma of a crappy verbal score being a likely possibility.

i've consistently been hitting high scores with PS and BS over AAMC 3-7, but my verbal has been between 7-9. admittedly, i stopped practicing verbal a month before i started taking the AAMCs (when i was practicing i was able to get 10s on EK and miss on average of 1 per TPRH test).

i have AAMC 8, 9, 10, 11 left before july 28th. so i'm wondering if i should take them now, which could potentially be a waste, or reschedule, and keep practicing (i have stuff that i can and definitely should review).

also, i'm shooting for a 35+ (MSTP hopeful), and while i'm confident with my PS and BS, i know that one or two silly mistakes can drop me from a 13 or 14 to a 12.

any thoughts, suggestions, advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Improving verbal in a week is NOT likely.

If you're getting an average of 8 in verbal now... don't write just yet. Continue practicing verbal. Get that to at least a CONSISTENT 10 before you write.