1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

possible to improve verbal within a week or should i postpone?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by whiteshadodw, Jul 21, 2011.

1. whiteshadodw

7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    my test is in a week and i'm faced with the dilemma of a crappy verbal score being a likely possibility.

i've consistently been hitting high scores with PS and BS over AAMC 3-7, but my verbal has been between 7-9. admittedly, i stopped practicing verbal a month before i started taking the AAMCs (when i was practicing i was able to get 10s on EK and miss on average of 1 per TPRH test).

i have AAMC 8, 9, 10, 11 left before july 28th. so i'm wondering if i should take them now, which could potentially be a waste, or reschedule, and keep practicing (i have stuff that i can and definitely should review).

also, i'm shooting for a 35+ (MSTP hopeful), and while i'm confident with my PS and BS, i know that one or two silly mistakes can drop me from a 13 or 14 to a 12.

any thoughts, suggestions, advice?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CodeBlu

CodeBlu Dream Weaver
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Improving verbal in a week is NOT likely.

If you're getting an average of 8 in verbal now... don't write just yet. Continue practicing verbal. Get that to at least a CONSISTENT 10 before you write.