Possibly racist person at an hbcu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elliejellybean

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is an inappropriate subforum for this topic. Anyway, nobody here can give you credible advice on your personal relationship considering the tiny snippet of context you are providing.

Last edited:
I didn't realize Milo Yiannopallous was trying to get into medical school.
18837_miloedwinf.jpg

Just let him fail, he won't get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait. So you ONLY posted this here because he has interest in going to medical school?

I didn't realize Milo Yiannopallous was trying to get into medical school.
18837_miloedwinf.jpg

Just let him fail, he won't get in.
I could make a very inappropriate joke here. I won't, but I know that MJ will appreciate the struggle :D

Reactions: 1 users
This is an inappropriate subforum for this topic. Anyway, nobody hear can give you credible advice on your personal relationship considering the tiny snippet of context you are providing.
Not sure where to move it or even. If y'all really care and want to help more than welcome to PM

Wait. So you ONLY posted this here because he has interest in going to medical school?

No he's lying on his app about his activities to get there when I busted my butt for the last 4 years to get to this point.

He's your best friend but he's made comments like he's allergic to black people and told you you smell like a black person? Why would you want a friend like that?

Reactions: 1 users
No he's lying on his app about his activities to get there when I busted my butt for the last 4 years to get to this point.
Could anonymously report the discrepency to the school or AMCAS. If he is caught lying in his app his chances at med school are toast, and his app will be banned from AMCAS for a few years. Just be careful, as retaliation can be a very real occurrence. I'd never do that to a guy unless he really, really deserved it though, not even an enemy.

This is very common.

The AdComs weren't born yesterday, they'll see through it.

Reactions: 1 user
He's autistic and doesn't really realize that you should say stuff like that. I don't think he means harm by it but just doesn't pick up on social cues for instance we went out to a dinner party that had majority of black people and he went around talking about how white have slim noses and black peoples have broad wide noses. It was painfully awkward for all the black people there but he wouldn't stop. I think he literally doesn't know. I try to correct him as often as possible but he's autistic
Yeah, he won't survive the interview, don't worry.

Why is he your friend let alone your best friend? You are seemingly a nice guy but he's putting you in uncomfortable situations. Why are you doing this to yourself?
Between stats, LORs and interviews I don't think you have much to worry about. Just go about your business and good luck this cycle.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile app

I guess my main concern is that it runs so much deeper than I can express in a public thread because it's so unique and can ruin a lot of careers because of the people implicated.

Wait, what? Your friend is autistic, does not pick up on social cues, and yet you label him a "slick racist" and are asking for tips on how to destroy his application because he generalized physical characteristics of Black people? In what world is this a rational or virtuous approach?

Leave him alone.

Like I said this has been going on for months and there's been multiple instances and the fact that I know he's messing with someone who has ties to admissions and he's lying on his app is messed up period. Autistic and manipulative aren't mutually exclusive. I worked hard to be a competitive applicant at a school that has less than 80 seats and for him to essential sleep and lie his way right in when he has said how he feels about black people malicious or not is wrong

Like I said this has been going on for months and there's been multiple instances and the fact that I know he's messing with someone who has ties to admissions and he's lying on his app is messed up period. Autistic and manipulative aren't mutually exclusive.
Yeah, I totally missed that... hence me deleting my post immediately.

Yeah, I totally missed that... hence me deleting my post immediately.
I didn't say it before because I named the school and I don't know if the person has ties to SDN so yeah it's fine.

Whatever you decide to do in this situation my suggestion is that your time and energy is best spent focused on making YOUR application the best it can be... without letting this person further distract you and affect your own progress. Any time you spent here posting about it for example could be better spent writing secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.