possibly reapplying. do i need new recommendation letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramzax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've heard it helps to get new recommendation letters from your new experiences, but do i need to necessarily replace my science/prehealth advisor letters?

Members don't see this ad.

I would get atleast one new LOR from your current employer or whatever...It also depends on what schools you apply to. Some have requirements that letters not be older than 2 years.

when I reapplied this year I had about half and half new and old letters. I used the same committee letter and a few of the letters from last year that I knew were really good but also added some new ones from doctors I had shadowed with since last year's cycle and one from a professor I had during my last semester in college that really liked me and was excited about writing an LOR for me so I figured it would be pretty good.

It worked for me... accepted second time around! Don't lose hope... re-applying kinda sucks but the second time around is much easier since you know what you're getting in to! Good Luck!