Post-acceptance to medical school - opting in to P/F (COVID-19)

yungmedstudent

Jan 20, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    I am a second semester senior in college, and i have (luckily) already been accepted to a medical school that I am super excited about. I am on the waitlist for one school and still have one (virtual) interview left. I finished my pre-requisites already, but I am still taking a full course load to finish my major and minor. I was hoping to go P/F for most of my classes because I really don't want my GPA to drop due to this online transition (thus maintaining honors status on my diploma), as I cannot imagine being more productive at home than I was at school (plus I could finally get a semester of chilling out about my grades before school starts in a few months lol). I realize that they might not care at all, but do we think that I should notify my accepted school on the off chance that they would not allow me to take these final classes P/F? Also, would I need to make the other schools aware of this change since I am no longer taking these courses for a grade?

stay safe y'all

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
    Lifetime Donor
    10+ Year Member
    Verified Expert
  • Oct 14, 2011
    1. Academic Administration
      I am a second semester senior in college, and i have (luckily) already been accepted to a medical school that I am super excited about. I am on the waitlist for one school and still have one (virtual) interview left. I finished my pre-requisites already, but I am still taking a full course load to finish my major and minor. I was hoping to go P/F for most of my classes because I really don't want my GPA to drop due to this online transition (thus maintaining honors status on my diploma), as I cannot imagine being more productive at home than I was at school (plus I could finally get a semester of chilling out about my grades before school starts in a few months lol). I realize that they might not care at all, but do we think that I should notify my accepted school on the off chance that they would not allow me to take these final classes P/F? Also, would I need to make the other schools aware of this change since I am no longer taking these courses for a grade?

stay safe y'all
      It would be professional for you to check in with the admissions office to be sure there are no objections to you going all P/F for your last semester's worth of grades. Your biggest concern will be your potential placement on the waitlist if a final ranking is dependent on your spring semester GPA, so going P/F may alter your chances of moving up or down in priority.

It would also be professional courtesy to other applicants to narrow your choices down as quickly as possible.

Reactions: 2 users
      About the Ads
      This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.