Post-bac option

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.BadVibes

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
After seeing all of you SDNers with your amazing stats, im really getting worried and looking into an alternative for next year. I am not gonna quit applying, but i also dont want to be sitting on my ass next year watching Seinfeld reruns all day....

I was hoping to do a masters in public health, and was wondering that if I wanted to goto an American school, do I have to write the GRE cause if so, that would blow!

Also, should I retake the DAT again? On my second try, i got a 20/20/17 (aa, sci, pat)

With approx a 3.1 GPA (cause of my first year marks :mad: ) from a highly respected university , Im quite worried about my PAT score. Honest and blunt input would be appreciated!

I really dont care which university I goto, cause at this point, Im a fifth year, 22 year old university student who wants to get his career started! :(

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

I think your stats are respectable. You should be able to get in somewhere.

What did you get on your first try? Did you apply last year and not get accepted?

BTW, 22 is NOT old. Averge age is 25, and I am 26. I plan to live till 100 (maybe more), so theres plenty of time. :)

since you are still at school, earning a good grade in the remaining semesters is crucial.
your DAT is decent. I would only re-take it if you are confident you will do signifantly better.
Otherwise, spend more time to get dental experience
and other things that you enjoy.

Members don't see this ad :)
my courses this year are full year, so the marks would not be final until May +pity+

I cant remember what I got on my first try of the DAT...I think it was an 18/16 and I didnt apply last year because of those scores...i held off the application for this year instead, but I really dont want to hold off my application for another year :thumbdown:

Hey shawnone, sorry about the age crack.....I really like school, so I wanna continue studying.....4 more years in dental school would be great for me, cause i know when im in my late 20's, i wont want to be a student no more....

Radiohead:

I think you'll be fine. Your scores are great, just pick your schools wisely. I think there are a lot of exceptional students on here, and on the whole, this is not the place where your average applicatant hangs out. I know people who have gotten into schools with much, much worse scores than yours. Everyone take a deep breath..ok, good we all feel better now.