Post-bac student taking MCAT Apr. 29 - Is this a bad idea?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emtdan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You might be ok, but it's impossible to say. The fact that you are asking "how bad an idea..." should be a good clue.... Basically, it's not ideal, but some people would do fine under those circumstances; others would fall flat on their face w/ a <20 MCAT. It all depends on the person. We don't know what you can handle. Only you know that.

ehh, i wrote the mcat right after graduating. didnt even take any bio courses prior to the mcat. taught myself everything in 3-4 months, and did very well. taking the bio now. if you have the determination, you will do well on the mcat as well :) Good luck, dont stress too much (your worst enemy).

Many people have to take the MCAT while still in college (although I didn't), so that isn't necessarily a death sentence. Also, as a post-bacc, I'd expect you to be more dedicated (I certainly was compared to when I was in college). That said, if you're weak in the sciences and struggling to understand the material, you'll want to take it when you have at least a solid month of nothing to do.