Post-Bac VS. 2nd Bachelors

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TGibson81

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying at a local state university to complete my prerequisites over the next year.
This school doesn't offer a post-bac program so i have decided to apply as 2nd bac for FA reasons.

Does anyone know if Medical schools ill require me to finish this degree before entering?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. Med schools don't typically are about completion of a second bachelor's. Which reminds me... I should probably find out how to leave this university. Methinks I just stop paying.

I am applying at a local state university to complete my prerequisites over the next year.
This school doesn't offer a post-bac program so i have decided to apply as 2nd bac for FA reasons.

Does anyone know if Medical schools ill require me to finish this degree before entering?

If you say on any app that you're enrolled in a degree-seeking program, and you get accepted somewhere, then you need permission to not finish that degree. Lemme tellya, if you find yourself on waitlists and it's getting late and you have to send LOIs that say "that 2nd bachelors? not finishing it" it doesn't look all that fabulous. Plus it makes you feel like poo.

No--you don't have to finish it. Informal post-bac programs are the exact same thing as a second bachelors--they ask you do declare a major, but with the intent that you'll never finish it.