Dental Post bac work at community college or Masters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a non traditional applicant, I went to a state school and spent 2.5 years on my degree. I have dental Research experience, Dental volunteering experience, and dental assistant work experience. I was depressed & homeless one semester and failed to withdraw 2 courses (200 level biology courses) in which I received D’s, this sank my science gpa. I retook one of the courses per the advice of an admissions officer. I took another higher level (300 level biology) course to make up for that other course and finished organic & Biochem with A’s. I have upward trend but I am worried that that isn’t enough; my science GPA sits at 2.75. The D’s coupled with a C in a community college nursing chem I didn’t even need really sank me. I am graduating this semester and still have to finish anatomy and Physiology for certain schools..... do I do this at community or enroll a masters program that is associated with a dental school and end up finishing these courses that way? I do not want to stay stagnant but I want the smartest way to improve myself as an applicant . I’m afraid a masters isn’t the route because I should have a 3.0 science to be even looked at :(........advice?
You should talk with SMP directors about whether you would be eligible. Otherwise, I would say take a few years to work and find out what you want if you couldn't be a dentist.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.