Post-bacc/2nd Bacc for Pre-dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jankodejenko

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm looking for a list of universities that have physics or math major available as a second bachelor's. Preferably in california. Does anyone know a few and/or have a list?

I'm thinking of getting a second bachelor's to do pre-dental courses - i haven't taken any sciences.

Members don't see this ad.

Almost every university offers math and physics as a major. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to find a school that matches your preference...

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't a second bachelor's "program" different? I already graduated undergrad.

yes and no. yes in that they waive your GE and the overlapping courses (english, math, and basic courses) and no in that you have to complete the rest of the classes for second major

Isn't a second bachelor's "program" different? I already graduated undergrad.

A second BS is basically an informal post bac. You are taking classes after graduation to improve your application. There are times when an applicant has enough credits in that field that he/she will be able to pick up a 2nd degree as well. Does that make sense?

For example, in my situation, I graduated in 2014 with a non bio degree. I am taking more upper lvl bio classes at a local school. I will be reapplying next spring and if I am correct, I will be able to pick up a BS in Biology next fall. It doesn't hurt to have a 2nd degree either.