Post-bacc, better known school or lesser known school?

Feb 12, 2010
Status
I am going to begin my informal post-bacc process from spring semester and contemplating between school. School A is well known across United States but School B is not so well known. Both of schools are 4 year state University.

School B is cheaper than School A. (Better budget fit)

School A has more known professors (may be good for letter of recommendations to dental school? School A has dental school)

School A has better name value (may help in the application process if I can obtain A's for all classes than getting A's in School B)

I want to hear everyone's opinion regarding the situation or maybe you have experience in similar situation and how you went about it? From this forum I read that it doesn't really matter where you go as long as you have good GPA and good DAT. But if I think about LOR's ....

Thanks!!

skiphotsauce

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2007
Status
It doesn't matter at all. If school B is cheaper, go there.

I did an informal post-bac at a no-name school. I got all A's, good recs, did well on the DAT, and got in.

From my experience, all that matters is if you get A's. Go to the place where that would be the easiest. If you do well, you'll get good rec's anyways.

I thought a lot about this decision when I was starting and couldn't have been happier with my decision.

Feb 12, 2010
Status
skiphotsauce, thank you for your reply. I totally agree with you on "where getting A is the easiest" and "if you do well = good LOR's".

In hypothetical situation, if the money was not the factor (i mean, come on it's always is but....if it's not)

Thanks