General Admissions & OTCAS Post bacc certificate in Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

itsgOTtobeOT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just received an email from Salus University about their new post-bacc pre-health sciences program and thought I should share!
Seems like it would be quite useful for people that did a degree in a non-health field and need pre-reqs or people that want to try and improve their gpa (although these are not easy classes), or want to strengthen their application (you get observation hours and some relevant classes on patient care for example)

Hope this is useful to someone!
Salus University - Post-baccalaureate Program in Health Sciences | Philadelphia

Members don't see this ad.

I personally think it's better to take post-bacc classes at community college. There are more choices for course times and wayyyyy cheaper. But to each his own. Just thought I'd put that out there. Grad school is already expensive enough so I'm trying not to spend too much money before I go. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Good point! I hadn't thought of that, where I'm from it is incredibly difficult to take classes like anatomy or physiology if you're not pursuing a health science degree at a big university, and observation hours are not a common thing for people to need, hence quite hard to come across!

Members don't see this ad :)
I personally think it's better to take post-bacc classes at community college. There are more choices for course times and wayyyyy cheaper. But to each his own. Just thought I'd put that out there. Grad school is already expensive enough so I'm trying not to spend too much money before I go. :)

I am considering a Post Bacc also. Do you know if med schools consider community college classes comparable to taking the same classes at a 4 year university?