-deleted-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-deleted-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm graduating this year with a major in Biology and a 3.62 GPA. I plan on taking a gap year to work in clinical research near me, since its kind of lacking in my application thus far. But with my low-ish GPA, I'm considering applying for a post bacc certificate or masters program at the same time.

I live in Maryland so I'm looking for advice on finding programs in my area. UMD has a program in Biotech that I'm looking into, but I'm not sure if I can get accepted without a background in engineering. Johns Hopkins has a similar certificate program, but I'm trying to keep my tuition budget around 20,000 max for the whole year.

Ideally, I would like a part-time, one-year program so I could still work in clinical research throughout the week, and volunteer on the weekends. A structured program with advisors would be great. I am also studying abroad this summer, so I need a program that starts after August 15th.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :happy:

Hello! I also live in Maryland and have been doing a lot of research on post-bacc programs. My situation is slightly different, but I know that UMD has a science in the evening program. Not sure if that would just be retaking the same classes you already took, however, and this is a two year program. A benefit, however, is due to the night time offering of classes it seems as if it is reasonable to work. Also the Universities at Shady Grove have 7 different college programs there. I know there are some masters for medically related careers if that would be something you would be interested in. Goucher also has a post-bac program that is reasonably priced, but the programs really hard to get in from what I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.