Post-Bacc Decision: Tufts MBS vs. GeorgeSquared vs. Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amm12345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm deciding between these schools and need help. Tufts has a thesis, is one year, and I get a MS. GeorgeSquared (George Mason and Georgetown) is one year with MS as well, but no thesis. Penn is a year with no MS (Specialized Studies). I'm still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins. Tufts is what my heart says, but I feel bad turning down U Penn and GeorgeSquared. Does anyone know much about them personally? I've found people on Facebook for all and know every detail about every program. Let me know. I'm ultimately trying to go to the best school I got into (which I think so far is Tufts).

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's not too late to apply to DMU's. They have a two year program, with thesis, and federal work study in addition to your research credits in the lab. The tuition is affordable and does have interview guarantees if you meet certain criteria (not 100% sure what they are though). I'm always a little confused as to why a 1 year Master's would be beneficial if you were applying to medical school. Are you going to wait until you have the degree then apply again the next year? At that point you still would be waiting a year to matriculate vs. just doing a 2 year MSBS. You would still have a year of classes to apply to medical school and would be finishing up your research before you matriculate.

Hello,

I'm deciding between these schools and need help. Tufts has a thesis, is one year, and I get a MS. GeorgeSquared (George Mason and Georgetown) is one year with MS as well, but no thesis. Penn is a year with no MS (Specialized Studies). I'm still waiting to hear from Johns Hopkins. Tufts is what my heart says, but I feel bad turning down U Penn and GeorgeSquared. Does anyone know much about them personally? I've found people on Facebook for all and know every detail about every program. Let me know. I'm ultimately trying to go to the best school I got into (which I think so far is Tufts).

Thank you!
Hi all! I just graduated from the GeorgeSquared Advanced Biomedical Sciences program in May 2018. Please feel welcome to post any questions you may have. I would love to share my insight and be as transparent as possible, since I too was in your shoes searching on SDN last year. If you have any academic or formal questions (such as your credentials, application process, deadlines), I recommend that you email the program directly. Otherwise, I can answer away here!