Post-bacc for low GPA (like 2.7) and high MCAT (518)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jamie2358

Reaction score
What are the easiest DO post-baccs for me? I am talking about the easiest ones to get into, with my stats?

I am thinking of LECOM and KCOM. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I would go ahead an apply to a bunch because with low GPAs it's sometimes hard to tell which school will take you and which won't. Your MCAT is your saving grace so that should help you get a spot somewhere. EVMS actually has a 2.75 (I believe) GPA minimum so you might even be able to apply there.

I honestly don't know which programs are 'easiest' to get into, but you can check the threads for different programs and see what the accepted peoples' stats were. I personally would apply to reputable programs or those programs that have direct linkage or will grant an interview if you meet certain requirements.

Reactions: 1 user
I would go ahead an apply to a bunch because with low GPAs it's sometimes hard to tell which school will take you and which won't. Your MCAT is your saving grace so that should help you get a spot somewhere. EVMS actually has a 2.75 (I believe) GPA minimum so you might even be able to apply there.

I honestly don't know which programs are 'easiest' to get into, but you can check the threads for different programs and see what the accepted peoples' stats were. I personally would apply to reputable programs or those programs that have direct linkage or will grant an interview if you meet certain requirements.

Thanks for the info. I'm very intested in DO schools. I have improved a lot, I beleive, and would like another chance, if possible.

Thanks for the info. I'm very intested in DO schools. I have improved a lot, I beleive, and would like another chance, if possible.

I believe in second chances for academics. It would be fine to take individual courses (on your own schedule) as an alternative to a structured post-bacc program. And it would also be less expensive.