Post-bacc help for non-traditional student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

elderjl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just joined the board today. I wanted to post a question to get in cotact with people. I graduated with a undergraduate degree in Liberal Studies where I have been teaching middle school science for 3 years. In addition, I am graduating this semester with a Master's degree in Counseling. I am in the process of researching Post-Bacc programs to apply to in Philadelphia and Virginia. I am currently thinking about going into the osteopathic route of medicine. I wanted to talk to some people that have also went through the post-bacc program route. Currently the schools I have applications for are: Drexle, Temple, UPENN, Bryn Mawr, VCU, and VA Tech (taking classes through undegraduate program). Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

I just joined the board today. I wanted to post a question to get in cotact with people. I graduated with a undergraduate degree in Liberal Studies where I have been teaching middle school science for 3 years. In addition, I am graduating this semester with a Master's degree in Counseling. I am in the process of researching Post-Bacc programs to apply to in Philadelphia and Virginia. I am currently thinking about going into the osteopathic route of medicine. I wanted to talk to some people that have also went through the post-bacc program route. Currently the schools I have applications for are: Drexle, Temple, UPENN, Bryn Mawr, VCU, and VA Tech (taking classes through undegraduate program). Thanks so much.

There's a ton of information on most, if not all, of these programs in other threads. If you do a search, you'll get a wealth of information. If you have specific questions about Bryn Mawr, you can shoot me a PM.

I will say, though, that middle school science teacher is golden; they'll love that. And I do too -- thanks for trying to keep our nation from becoming even more pathetically behind the rest of the world in the hard sciences.