Post bacc help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AnnaV

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I should really improve my GPA stats. I'm a few years out undergrad, did most of my prereqs already.
Im already a few years out from apps (need to finish my masters thesis, take the mcat, etc.). I already have and will continue to get quite nice ECs.
I did very well in my masters classes, but it wasn't a "hard" science degree.
Also, because of covid and other personal factors, I may not be able to return to the US for a few years from now. Because of that, I am wondering if taking some upper level science classes online is a possibility for me. It would save me a lot of time and money, but if med schools will scoff at online classes, I can consider delaying my application more to take them once I am back home. I do plan on finishing my 1-2 prereqs in person when I'm back home. I know this isn't necessarily black and white, but I'm nervous about committing to online classes for the sake of showing I am more competent than I was as a very young adult. I'm also having trouble determining if some med schools flat out won't accept any online credits (especially with the pandemic).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: