• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!
Dec 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello!

I should really improve my GPA stats. I'm a few years out undergrad, did most of my prereqs already.
Im already a few years out from apps (need to finish my masters thesis, take the mcat, etc.). I already have and will continue to get quite nice ECs.
I did very well in my masters classes, but it wasn't a "hard" science degree.
Also, because of covid and other personal factors, I may not be able to return to the US for a few years from now. Because of that, I am wondering if taking some upper level science classes online is a possibility for me. It would save me a lot of time and money, but if med schools will scoff at online classes, I can consider delaying my application more to take them once I am back home. I do plan on finishing my 1-2 prereqs in person when I'm back home. I know this isn't necessarily black and white, but I'm nervous about committing to online classes for the sake of showing I am more competent than I was as a very young adult. I'm also having trouble determining if some med schools flat out won't accept any online credits (especially with the pandemic).

Last edited:
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.