Post bacc program or masters ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Norkick13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a year to go for my undergrad .. I m not sure if I ll be graduating with better GPA..can anyone tell me what is better for med school ... Masters or post bacc??

Members don't see this ad.

I have a year to go for my undergrad .. I m not sure if I ll be graduating with better GPA..can anyone tell me what is better for med school ... Masters or post bacc??
If you are referring to a traditional masters degree, then postbac undergrad classes, which have the potential to raise your cumulative undergrad GPA, would have more impact on adcomm decision-making (as would delaying graduation for another year, provided you earn excellent grades either way). A Special Masters Program or similar would be an exception. However neither approach will help you much if you aren't getting an A to A- average. Why not start aiming this high now, while you have yet to graduate, so you have less GPA repair to do?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are referring to a traditional masters degree, then postbac undergrad classes, which have the potential to raise your cumulative undergrad GPA, would have more impact on adcomm decision-making (as would delaying graduation for another year, provided you earn excellent grades either way). A Special Masters Program or similar would be an exception. However neither approach will help you much if you aren't getting an A to A- average. Why not start aiming this high now, while you have yet to graduate, so you have less GPA repair to do?

Thanks.... I m trying my best in this situation...but realized even if I get all A, I would nt be able to go beyond 3 ....