Post Bacc Programs for GPA of <3.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

123yupitsme

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend any post bacc programs for someone who is just under a 3.0 GPA? I am really struggling to find many, and when I do I don't see much info about the program. I'm hoping to go to a postbacc program at an osteopathic medical school, but at this point I'm desperate.

Also if you attended the program can you share your honest thoughts about it? What were your stats? Were you or your classmates able to get in to medical school?

Members don't see this ad.

Just apply early, with decent scores and talk to the admissions committee's of the schools you're looking at first. Don't fret too much on it.

Just apply early, with decent scores and talk to the admissions committee's of the schools you're looking at first. Don't fret too much on it.
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

I’m from Virginia. I had slightly below a 3.0 but I had a 511 MCAT. Try to show that there is some redeemable quality by performing well on the MCAT. A solid MCAT can help admissions committees overlook a history’s of bad GPA.
I attended VCU’s post bacc but I’ve heard good things about VCOM’s as well if DO is an option

Can anyone recommend any post bacc programs for someone who is just under a 3.0 GPA? I am really struggling to find many, and when I do I don't see much info about the program. I'm hoping to go to a postbacc program at an osteopathic medical school, but at this point I'm desperate.

Also if you attended the program can you share your honest thoughts about it? What were your stats? Were you or your classmates able to get in to medical school?

LECOM minimum gpa for their post bacc is 2.75, went through the program and am a MS1 currently, PM me if you have any questions!