1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Post-bacc Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Simplicity, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Simplicity

Simplicity New Member

Hi,

I am a senior (a strong student) who needs to complete my pre-med requirements in organic chemistry and physics after I graduate. I live in Massachusetts so I am considering either the Tufts post-bacc pre-med program or the pre-med program at Harvard Extension School. I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on either program? Will I be equally successful in the application process if I attend either school? Tufts is more expensive and I would only be able to work part-time, whereas Harvard is at night so I could work full time. I have heard the Tufts program is amazing. I hope someone can provide some insight.

Thanks,
    S

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. goldie

goldie Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I recently completed the Harvard Health Careers Program, and cannot rave enough. The instruction is good (you MUST have Dr. Rubio for organic chemistry..you'll see) and there's a nice spirit of camaraderie amongst the ranks. It's also VERY inexpensive, especially compared to programs like Tufts or Columbia. Each 4-credit course is $660 (at last I looked).

So I would definitely pick the Harvard program.