1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Post-bacc schools that allow you to take med classes?

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by Medgirl07, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Medgirl07

Medgirl07 Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Are there any schools that allow you to take med school classes with first year med students so that when you actually start med school you dont have to take those classes again??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dmaes

dmaes Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Univ of Cinci's new program has you taking a few of the same courses but I don't know anything about not having to retake the classes if you get in there?

4. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    Oklahoma State University-College of Osteopathic Medicine

5. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy
    Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

That isn't a general post-bacc program (at least I don't consider it one). Its the bridge program for economically/academically disadvanged persons. "The objective of the Bridge program is to promote entry and retain eight (8) disadvantaged medical student applicants who have been unsuccessful in gaining entry into medical school by providing a program designed to allow students to take a reduced course load, completing the first year of medical school curriculum in two years." Additionally OSU-COM also has a masters program which the students take classes with medical students for their curriculum.

The schools I am aware of are UMDNJ (multiple campuses - Newark and Stratford), RF, BU (only a % of students), KCUMB (I believe, I know they are offering a Biomedical sciences degree, not sure if they are with the med students - its a new program), Georgtown, PCOM, EVMS, etc

There are a few schools out there. The search function is apparently down right now but if you search for posts by Phil Anthropist in the post-bacc forums he has a good break down. Do a search for this topic as it has been discussed (ad nauseum at times) many times before. :luck:

***EDIT****
    Good programs - Thread
    Transfer credit to med school
    One year SMPs

Are a few. Just search in the advance search option when you highlight "search" in the above menu bar.

6. OSUdoc08

OSUdoc08 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Medical Student
    Don't leave out University of North Texas-Health Sciences Center