Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

post bacc

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NMH2001, Jan 12, 2002.

1. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma
    10+ Year Member

I've been reading some of the messages about post-bacc grades and i am getting the consensus that your post-bacc work should be a 4.0. Will a post-bacc GPA of 3.6 cut it?? Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Stillfocused

Stillfocused Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

What exactly do you mean by "post-bac"?

If you mean that you started from scratch taking your prereqs as a college graduate, then a 3.6 science cum is quite competitive for both allopathic and osteopathic schools.

However, if you are simply retaking classes a 3.6 is still adaquate for most osteopathic schools.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NMH2001

NMH2001 Ferret Momma
    10+ Year Member

Actually I went on to earn 70 more credits and earned another 4 year degree (medical Technology). My first 4 year degree was Biology. I'm assuming that the second degree work will be considered post bacc correct?