post-baccalaureate premedical programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wannabe101

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I shall be completing a degree in BEng Electronic Engineering
And Medical Electronics at a university in England by April 2003.

After many months of consideration, i want to pursue medicine,
and hope to return to the US by summer 2003 to start the progess.

Can anyone advice:
- about which institutions offer a good post-bac course.
- do they consider international students
- is financial aid awarded to international students
- my current grades for my degree are very average (by US classification 2.8)
Will schools give me a conditional offer, or should i wait until i have my
final degree grade to apply?

Thanks in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA
UCI
UCD
UCSF
MCPHU
UPENN

just to name a few.

acutally the one at MCPHU is a master. Chicago Med/Finch has a similar program. I've had a friend at each that ended up getting accepted to that respective medical school later on

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
University of Maryland at College Park has a great science in the evening post-bac program so you can go to school and work during the day.
Check out <a href="http://www.life.umd.edu/p-undergraduate/pre-med-dental.html" target="_blank">this web site.</a>
good luck,
alice

Boston University and Georgetown have Master's programs as well. While there is no guaranteed acceptance in the medical school, if one performs well in the courses (which are taken alongside first year med students) and has good MCAT scores, then one stands a much better chance of getting in.
Plus doing well in med school courses anywhere improves one's application to get into other med schools as well. I am speaking from experience!

I'm also searching for post-baccalaureate pre-med programs in the Philippines. Unfortunately, I ended up searching for international programs which I know are costly. Do you know some local programs in the Philippines? Badly needed your help. Thanks in advance. :)