Post Bachelor's, Enrichment Programs, Masters Degree

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nmed14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Baylor student, Biology Pre-Dental major about to graduate in May 2014. My science GPA is 2.91 and my overall GPA is a 3.3. What is the best way to increase my GPA after graduation to be a competitive applicant for dental schools? (I have not applied to dental school for this year, I plan on taking a year off doing more school, hopefully a post bach program) I have not yet taken my DAT, but plan to right after my graduation in May 2014. I applied to UT Dallas Post Bachelor's Program but did not get accepted. I am panicking but it is the only Post Bach school I know of that does not require a DAT score. The enrichment program for BCD/A&M sounds promising, but it is for students of adverse circumstances and low socioeconomic backgrounds which do not apply to my case. How well does a Master's degree look to get into dental school? Any suggestions? I am basically considering the Post Bach, Enrichment Program, and Master's degree as options. I'm not sure of anything else.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,

I know for sure the BCD post bac program is mainly for students of adverse circumstances, low socioeconomic backgrounds, and/or URM.
After speaking to a few deans from TX, they said they preferred a post bac. It does not have to be formal. You can just take the recommended upper division biology classes at ANY 4 year university. AKA: Informal post bac. That's what I'm doing in the fall after I graduate this spring from Texas. Btw my stats are lower than yours.
They look for upward trends and recent coursework. If you get at least a 3.8 in a year of post bac and get at least a 21 or higher on the DAT, you would be a lot more competitive.

You can message me if you have any questions!