1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

post crazy interview questions here

Discussion in 'Physician Scientists' started by bubblywatr, Nov 17, 2002.

1. bubblywatr

bubblywatr Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

i know its really late for most of you guys, but for us late applicants i'd love to hear some of the crazy interview experiences you all have had.

so far all of mine have just been chatting, so i sadly don't have much to contribute yet - except one lasted almsot 2 hours at UT-houston/MD Anderson...so endurance can be important!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. tuckp

tuckp Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I don't think this is what you were hoping for, but I found it amusing:

UAB in the MD portion (I didn't get it, someone else did) -- If you were a vegitable, what would you be and why?

UNC (this wasn't funny, just an example of how interviewers can be imperfect people too) -- Tell me about something difficult that you went through. (and she went on to say...) I mean, clearly you've lived a very priviledged life, most MD or MSTP applicants have, that's part of how you got here. Mommy and Daddy writing the checks... (I don't know if she said anything else, I was so mad I went deaf... Needless to say, I've been soured on UNC.)

:) ~tuck

4. sirrileydog

10+ Year Member

This was not my question but one from another MSTP candidate I had lunch with on a different interview.

At UW a surgeon asked the MSTP candidate to role play a medical situation. He asked the interviewee to be the doctor. The surgeon played the role parents of an infant who was sick and about to die. The interviewee had to explain that the kid wasn't going to make it to the surgeon.

5. DrHodges

MD/PhD Student

You are lucky--my interviewers at UT Houston didn't show up because it was the week of Hurricane Katrina and they were needed elsewhere. I got interviewed by a student who told me she was psychic and could see inside my mind. :confused: