Post-Doc Supervision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

First I want to apologize if this thread is a repeat of previous threads. I searched but could not find my answer.

I've recently graduated with a Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology and am in search of a post-doc position. A friend of mine in California was hired by a non-public school looking for a psychologist. After hiring her, they located a licensed clinical psychologist and hired him to supervise her 4 hours a week, as required to accrue post-doc hours. They reduced her pay by the amount they will pay this psychologist to supervise her during those hours.

I am currently looking for jobs in the NY/NJ area. I am wondering if it is worth talking to potential employers looking for psychologists, MSW's, etc. and asking if they'd be willing to hire me as an unlicensed psychologist by paying an outside consultant for my supervision (unless, of course, the employer already has a LP on staff ). I believe that in NY full-time supervision entails 2 hours per week, and NJ the same.

If anyone could answer this question it would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.