Post em: Outrageous airline ticket prices!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a place for a collective venting of outrageous airline ticket prices! I've gotten some good deals thus far, but some other prices really suck!

I was checking out a flight into Kentucky (LEX airport) and $700 roundtrip is the cheapest I could find! That's an absurd amount of $$ to pay for an interview!

Anybody else care to add their woes?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't believe it, First class ticket prices have gone through the roof. $2,500 to the east coast. There is no way I'm going to pay that much, and there is no way I'm going to ride on business class. No way whatsoever. I'm going to let them airlines go bankrupt.

Never. :mad:

AMTRAK baby. choo choo!!

j/k

DesiDentist

Gavin,

So I'm assuming your second interview in September is in Kentucky????

:D hee hee!!

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad :)
Desi,

Whadda ya talking about first class for (I know you're joking)?! I can't even afford coach at $700! And no, Kentucky is not my second interview :).

Viraj,

Thanks for the sites. Hotwire, Orbitz, and Priceline are pretty much useless for interviews -- I'm very picky about my departure/arrival times. I solely use Travelocity for interviews, and their customer service has been great thus far.

I also applied to Louisville, and it would be nice to interview at Kentucky and Louisville back-to-back. It's far more feasible for me to fly into Louisville ($400 cheaper than Lexington) and then drive to UK.

Originally posted by ItsGavinC
I also applied to Louisville, and it would be nice to interview at Kentucky and Louisville back-to-back. It's far more feasible for me to fly into Louisville ($400 cheaper than Lexington) and then drive to UK.

Your going to drive to UK? Why don't you take a boat?

DesiDentist