Post exam freak out - COMLEX level 2 PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yasah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just took my PE exam. I think I really did bad . I did not do OMM check for couple (3or 4 patients). I did could not do neuro exam for a neuro case. I feel terrible. Do you think if I really failed it?
In addition, one of my friend recorded two things that she did not do. Would that cause her failing the exam?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
I just took my PE exam. I think I really did bad . I did not do OMM check for couple (3or 4 patients). I did could not do neuro exam for a neuro case. I feel terrible. Do you think if I really failed it?
In addition, one of my friend recorded two things that she did not do. Would that cause her failing the exam?

Thanks in advance!

The pass rate for the PE is something like 94-95%. You really REALLY have to mess things up to fail it. If you covered a decent history for every patient, had an A and P with more than 3 components to it for most patients, and didn't be a dick to anyone you're going to be just fine.

As for the recording things that you didn't do, it depends on how you "charted" it. For things I forgot to do or tell my patient, I wrote in my note "I would also recommend/do this test/follow up/etc. but did not discuss this with the patient" and I put ** next to anything that I did that for. I didn't do that very much, but the TrueLearn PE videos recommended doing something along those lines just to snag an extra point or two. If you documented it so that you're saying you did something but you actually didn't, it doesn't necessarily mean you will fail, but they may end up scrutinizing every detail of every one of your encounters because of it.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

I only did OMM checks on the patients who specifically asked for it. I didn't finish like 4-5 patient encounters. I passed.

Everyone feels like **** walking out of that exam.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Only 3 to 4 patients require omm. I made too many mistakes to list and I passed.

I completely forgot when writing the note that vitals don't just auto populate on this test and didn't even include vitals on first 5 of soap note

Reactions: 3 users
Only 3 to 4 patients require omm. I made too many mistakes to list and I passed.

I completely forgot when writing the note that vitals don't just auto populate on this test and didn't even include vitals on first 5 of soap note
haha, this is another mistake i did. I didn't write vitals for one of the cases and this has been bugging me. Thank you for writing this.

Reactions: 1 user
haha, this is another mistake i did. I didn't write vitals for one of the cases and this has been bugging me. Thank you for writing this.

ha! the same thing happened to me. It's easy to forget since most EMRs had that figured out years ago.

ha! the same thing happened to me. It's easy to forget since most EMRs had that figured out years ago.

Another reason this test is super ignorant. It doesn't even bother to assess medicine with the current times. Nobody has to actually write vitals and no body has a timer going while writing the note. Often times, some documentation can be done during the encounter. Incredibly *****ic exam written by your lifelong assessment partners at the NBOME, here to steal your money.

How did you end up doing?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

everyone feels like crap and replays every case in their head until you get your score back. i know its hard but dont torture yourself. whats done is done! if you passed great, if you dont then its just a bump in the road youll pass the 2nd time.