Post here if U got App Complete Notifications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdhopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please use this thread to post if you received any notifications that your application was complete. I got a postcard from SLU saying my application was complete and that the review process has begun. I had previously sent in my printed AMCAS so I guess they are not waiting for transmittal.

Members don't see this ad.

I got a postcard today from George Washington saying my app was complete.

This is a good idea for a thread.

I got notice from Columbia and Baylor that my app was complete (Baylor meant complete without being official, since they just have my AMCAS copy).

Anybody able to get any confirmation from Yale?

Members don't see this ad :)
Received email from Rochester stating app is complete.

For those who have complete appl, would you be willing to let us know how your stats are. Not actual numbers, but maybe phrases like very high, high, great, good, so-so.

The reason I ask is I am wondering if AMCAS is processing appl in order of those with the highest stats and then working down from the stellar 4.0 gpa and 40's MCAT to the average gpa and MCAT.

I'm just trying to find out how AMCAS is handling the order they process appl. I know quit worrying about it and let the process unfold without me commenting on it. I can't help it, I like to wonder. :D :D :D

LOL, talk about the ultimate liablity issue. My application has been processed, and is complete at SLU. I have neither a 4.0 GPA, nor a 40 MCAT. Although, I do have a few friends with those kinda numbers, but they haven't had any luck with AMCAS. No doubt it's frustrating when you've done everything you can, and you're still not seeing any results. Have you received the "change/notification" button yet? That's the best indicator that your app is going to be processed soon. With AMCAS sending out unprocessed paper apps, I guess this will at the very least allow the secondary applications to start rolling in from those schools who haven't established alternate pathways. My advice would be to focus on the secondaries for now, as we don't have much control over processing and transmission issues. Hope it works out for you.

Amy Beth. I meant this thread to refer to completed apps at schools that are accepting printed AMCAS. As far as I know, no one has had their AMCAS successfully transmitted to schools yet. For schools that are bypassing AMCAS, postcards or emails are usually sent out when the printed AMCAS and letters of rec have been received.

They are definitely NOT processing apps by the competitiveness of the applicants' numbers.

I have a 3.9 GPA and a 31R MCAT. There are LOTS of other people who havent been processed yet who have much better numbers.

got a postcard from GW also saying my app. is complete.

Ok, sorry, I thought you meant completed appl sent by AMCAS and received by your schools. sorry. ;)

Have you sent any printed AMCAS applications to schools that have not asked for them but you sent them anyway?

sorry to clutter your topic with my confusion. :D

i called albert einstein today and the lady there confirmed that my app is complete (i.e. everything except the electronic amcas). :)

What's up with the GWU postcard? It seems a bit depressing to me. "As the candidacy review process is very thorough and time consuming you may not receive further correspondence from this office for some time." Anyone know how long it usually takes GWU to review an application? Thanks.

To those who received the GWU postcard, what date did you send in your printed AMCAS and secondary? I still have not received my postcard...

Originally posted by Amy Beth:
•Ok, sorry, I thought you meant completed appl sent by AMCAS and received by your schools. sorry. ;)

Have you sent any printed AMCAS applications to schools that have not asked for them but you sent them anyway?

sorry to clutter your topic with my confusion. :D

Yes, I have, and I've heard from some of them. I sent printed AMCAS to any school that had a secondary on-line, as well as the schools that specifically said they wanted them.

Email from Dartmouth today that app is complete.

E-mails from Dartmouth and Rochester that my app is complete.

I got an application complete notice from Wash U in the mail today. They state that they will eventually need my transmitted, verified AMCAS, but that is not my responsibility now. They can begin to review my application now.

postcard from Rochester that app is complete.

I am new to this board. I've been reading for a while, but never posted. So HI :) I'm complete at GW and Einstein with interview invites. I have average stats.

Hey, Dr. Kermit, when did you get the Einstein app complete notice? I submitted everything by 8/6/01 and I still haven't heard a thing from Einstein.

Heya - I got a complete postcard from Columbia, and complete emails from Dartmouth and Einstein. Stonybrook emailed me to say they have everything except for the secondary which they have yet to send out and according to the online application status website at Yale, my app is complete and in review (all schools just got my committee letter around 8/20).

I noticed something interesting about the einstein app complete email.

It says in black and white that they will now be screening based upon unverified AMCAS information (the copy of my primary that I sent I presume)

I know we all know that this is happening, it is just the first time I have seen it in writing.