Post here if you want your mdapps commented on....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtepper

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dunno if this has been done before, but to me it makes sense.. Anyone who wants their mdapps commented on, post here... I am the first. Please don't flame if this has been done before, I did not find any others in my search.

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a good idea :thumbup: I'll bite!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd appreciate any and all comments, specifically regarding my list of schools :)

same..would appreciate any feedback

Fishing for comments. Thanks a bunch.

long list of schools applied to is finalized, think I have a chance anywhere? SDN makes me neurotic! =)

Please give good feedback!

Me Too!!! Me Too!!! (sometimes we all get to act like little children, right?)

I'm looking for something to do with my year off, since I am no longer involved with the clinic I was volunteering at. Any suggestions? If I'm not applying to many research intensive schools, should I still try to do some research now? Also general comments on the schools I've applied would be great.

To the person who left me the following /msg:

"i have a feeling you're making up some of your ECs. '*NCAA Div I Volleyball, 2001-2003 ' um what? you're a male. there is no MALE D1 volleyball program. sorry chuck. i guess you just helped out the team as like waterboy or something?"

http://miva.osu.edu/Directory.html (Midwest Conference - I played here.)

http://www.eivavolleyball.com/landing/index (Eastern Conference)

http://mpsports.cstv.com/sports/m-volley/mpsf-m-volley-body.html (West Coast)

These are the 3 conferences that are D1 in the U.S for MENS Volleyball. For the final four, they select the winner from each conference, and then their is a bid for the 4th position. This year Penn State won it all.

And my name isn't Chuck....

I could always use more comments...Be gentle.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any comments appreciated:)

To the person who left me the following /msg:

"i have a feeling you're making up some of your ECs. '*NCAA Div I Volleyball, 2001-2003 ' um what? you're a male. there is no MALE D1 volleyball program. sorry chuck. i guess you just helped out the team as like waterboy or something?"

http://miva.osu.edu/Directory.html (Midwest Conference - I played here.)

http://www.eivavolleyball.com/landing/index (Eastern Conference)

http://mpsports.cstv.com/sports/m-volley/mpsf-m-volley-body.html (West Coast)

These are the 3 conferences that are D1 in the U.S for MENS Volleyball. For the final four, they select the winner from each conference, and then their is a bid for the 4th position. This year Penn State won it all.

And my name isn't Chuck....

haha, people are so stupid and so quick to criticize or judge their competitors. i think its funny the person that posted on your mdapp first tried to say there is no such thing as a D1 mens volleyball program, and then tried to belittle you by saying you were a waterboy for the volleybal team that supposedly does not exist. he/she thought that one through pretty well.

looking for comments too! mostly on the oos schools...

Maybe it would help if the people who posted here would comment on each other's mdapps profiles first. That way all the people who want comments can get a lil input from other people who want comments. Then everyone will have comments!

I would not mind... I still have not finalized my list of schools...

Let me know!! I really appreciate any feedback!

would love some honest opinions

same here please, i started another thread but it's not getting many replies (zero actually)

I need 5-10 more schools that i should probably aim for, solid picks, "backups", any other cali schools (though i doubt it).

note about my GPA: i have a pretty steep upward slope on my GPA... my upper division science GPA is about a 3.9. i'm also pretty solid on research. thanks in advance!

what's the point in having an mdapps site? it's pretty worthless, you guys. half of the info is probably made it up and definitley not representative of the schools. look at the SUNY schools, according to MDapps, their average accepted MCAT is a 35! yeah right!

do you seriously need to brag to strangers online? I think SDN is a great resource, but I don't ask ppl for my chances. what do we know about getting into schools? nothing. we just base our advice on how close one is to a school's average numbers. you can do that yourself by looking them up in MSAR.

what's the point in having an mdapps site? it's pretty worthless, you guys. half of the info is probably made it up and definitley not representative of the schools. look at the SUNY schools, according to MDapps, their average accepted MCAT is a 35! yeah right!

do you seriously need to brag to strangers online? I think SDN is a great resource, but I don't ask ppl for my chances. what do we know about getting into schools? nothing. we just base our advice on how close one is to a school's average numbers. you can do that yourself by looking them up in MSAR.

This thread is definitely not about bragging, and I'm a little surprised you'd bother to post that opinion here. Why not just pass this thread by and post in one that appeals to you?

Obviously you can't know who the advice is coming from, but I think you can definitely get valid and helpful advice through both SDN (and a little bit less so) mdapps. I think SDN is a great place to hear about schools, interview experiences, learn the best timing for each of the application steps, and most of all (sadly) to learn from others' mistakes. If I had not been on SDN, I probably wouldn't have realized how important it is to submit so early. I've volunteered with a lot of people who had no idea, applied late, and then had to reapply. If they'd been on SDN....

Sure there's a lot of junk out there. You just have to use some selective reading to pick out the good stuff. And while none of you know me to really trust my advice, I feel that I've learned a TON after having watched two application cycles and then been through my own. And I enjoy helping others and passing on that advice. This process is hard enough as it is. It makes me happy to help others battle the beast even a little bit. :oops:

Rockydoc: good list. Add Jefferson (PA). It would be the best school on your list, except Colorado (though it could be argued as being tied with UC when cost is left out)

BPMAN: You have a lot of OOS public schools. I'd eliminate UVa, UMN and Vermont. If UW has a program you really like, keep it. My advice overall for you is aim higher! With those three out, you have 13 schools left. Throw in some top schools (not at the JHU level, though). Einstein is deep in the Bronx; consider NYU and Sinai. Emory, Pitt and Case are also worth considering. If you like Chicago, add Feinberg and Pritzker.

BPMAN:

I also got an institutional action, same thing too. I was told the likewise, that it shouldn't have any impact on the application. But is sure sux havn' to write something like that on your app... doesn't it.... Good numbers.

jeff

p.s.
Consider getting rid of albert einstein.... cuz I wanna go there. :laugh:

i just cant help myself! thanks in advance, and ill comment on as many of yours as possible!

good luck everyone!

Thanks so much!! Mainly I think I need advice on SMPs or even post-baccs...any and all help would be much appreciated :)

So, I am a 3.2ish GPA, 38 mcat splitter! Trying to apply super Broadly... if I missed any let me know, or if there are any that are just ridiculous let me know too! Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the comments. I applied to some more upper teir schools! Thanks for the encouragment.

The institutional action does indeed suck... but I am still debating if I should state yes to the secondary questions "have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation".... in WI it is NOT a crime and I called the clerk of courts and the lady told me that legally I would be in the right to check no to that... however I have already told them that I got a citation under my explaination of the institional action of a freaking warning... so I am thinking I may just say yes... not like it would change anything. Anybody have any ideas on this?

I wouldn't check anything. An institutional action is different from a crime, as long as the police weren't involved.... you shouldn't have to check anything.

lata

yes i suck, but maybe you can tell me otherwise.. maybe not..
maybe some suggestions for DO schools?... getting results for the 2nd MCAT attempt on June 26th

any comments on my profile are welcome! i'm new to this site and to mdapplicants, and since i've been out of school for a year i feel a little bit out of the loop

please post,
negatives include VR and WS.

Lemme know what you think. Mcat comes in on 24th (supposedly). 31-35 on practices - as if that really means anything though.

THANK YOU

I would love to have some feedback about my appearance on paper- I get nervous sometimes looking at other people's profiles :)

Would love feedback on list of schools OKTHXBYE =)

You're right, there is probably a fair amount of bogus information on these profiles, but you can hardly say that MDapps is representative of the entire applicant pool, I highly doubt it is. Also, when you search for a school you get the profiles of people who were accepted there, not the profiles of people who matriculated. It's a good idea for a website to get a very broad and general sense of the kinds of applicants that are getting into schools.

You're right, there is probably a fair amount of bogus information on these profiles, but you can hardly say that MDapps is representative of the entire applicant pool, I highly doubt it is. Also, when you search for a school you get the profiles of people who were accepted there, not the profiles of people who matriculated. It's a good idea for a website to get a very broad and general sense of the kinds of applicants that are getting into schools.

i'm with supertrooper. that site is a load of garbage. in fact, i think i'll go make an mdapps profile right now showing off my 45 mcat!

I'm new on here but would love any comments, suggestions, or feedback about my mdapps. thanks!

I'm applying very limited this year, if I don't get in I'll have to reapply next year more broadly. Would REALLY like to stay in California!

Thanks

Would appreciate any comments about the list of schools. Thinking of adding a couple more..

Sure, I'm pretty happy with my list (I think I would be happy to attend any one of these school), but would greatly appreciate any input!

I would really appreciate any comments as well. Please be nice :).