Post if you know about Northwestern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, Im becoming more and more interested in NUMS. Im looking for a little inside info anything and everything - How rough the group interview is, if NUMS has a reputation for liking certain types of applicants.. etc etc. For being a slightly lower ranked med school it seems to have really high scores and low acceptance rates... any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who have already interviewed there in previous years, or maybe undergrads?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, Im becoming more and more interested in NUMS. Im looking for a little inside info anything and everything - How rough the group interview is, if NUMS has a reputation for liking certain types of applicants.. etc etc. For being a slightly lower ranked med school it seems to have really high scores and low acceptance rates... any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who have already interviewed there in previous years, or maybe undergrads?
thanks

I was just there yesterday to drop off my secondary. I love Northwestern! I got an opportunity to speak with one of the staff members in the admissions office. She was very helpful and gave me a lot of insight pertaining to the school's philosophy, diversity, research opportunities, lifestyles of the students, etc. I could care less about rankings--NUMS is the place for me.

nochaser

I agree, NUMS is pretty impressive when you look at all they have to offer and the overall happiness of the students. Thats why Im so confused by their ranking. Not that they are by any means a bottom tier school, I just think that the ratings are a bit misleading, but thats not exactly a news flash. Do you happen to know when they sent out their first round of secondaries? My due date for the app is Sept. 17th, Im sending it in this week, but I am curious how many earlier due dates have passed, ie where I am in the pile. Please share what the person you spoke to had to say about NUMS's philosophy etc. Id love to hear it.
thanks