post interview follow-up/feedback

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Sabina, Feb 9, 2001.

1. Sabina

Sabina New Member

Hi there,

I was hoping to get some opinions regarding post-interview follow-ups.
    1) I know that some programs call you/send you letters saying that they are interested--how about if you don't hear from a program--should you assume they're not interested?
    2) Anybody have any idea when most programs actually submit their own rank lists? I know their deadline is 2/22 as well, but have most already put theirs in?
    3) Finally, how aggressive should you be in letting your top choices know that you're interested in their program? Are letters or emails enough, or should you call as well? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sabina

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SW-Adrian

SW-Adrian Member

1. I wont' assume that a program is not interested in you simply because you didn't receive a letter or a phone call. In fact, I believe that many programs don't even exercise such practices.
    2. I have no idea when they submit their ranking. I actually thought it was after ours, but I guess I'm wrong.
    3. Since I was applying to an internal medicine program, I had the chairman of medicine of our school give them a call to increase my chances. Our dean actually offers to make 1 phone call per student to their first choice program only.

------------------
    Adrian Zai
    Scutwork.com