Post Interview Follow Up protocol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jopdo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen a prior thread on a related topic re: ranking #1 and who to tell and not to tell.
But, game playing aside, what is the appropriate behavior with respect to
1) Second look--is it a must for top choice programs?
--do you wear interview attire i.e. a suit? or is it more informal?
--if it doesn't fit into your schedule or you cant get time off, can you tell the programs this without narrowing your chances?
--do you take off at whatever cost--is it THAT important?
2) Telling your favorite programs that they are in your top 3?
--When the program director says at the interview to "keep in touch", what exactly does this mean?????:confused:
3) How frequently do you contact them?
--I have been told that you should reiterate on a weekly basis via email how much you like them...
THANKS in ADVANCE!!! ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!:):confused::love:

Members don't see this ad.

Contacting a program on a weekly basis? Only if you don't want to match there! That would get really annoying...really quickly!

I also feel like contacting any program that often would be excessive. I plan to tell my #1 that they are my #1 (one time, right before lists are finalized), but that's it. I didn't get the impression that a second look was necessary at all unless there was really some piece of information you didn't get the first time around . . . . .I thought PDs didn't even consider this, so it would really be just for you. Please somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have seen a prior thread on a related topic re: ranking #1 and who to tell and not to tell.
But, game playing aside, what is the appropriate behavior with respect to
1) Second look--is it a must for top choice programs?
--do you wear interview attire i.e. a suit? or is it more informal?
--if it doesn't fit into your schedule or you cant get time off, can you tell the programs this without narrowing your chances?
--do you take off at whatever cost--is it THAT important?
2) Telling your favorite programs that they are in your top 3?
--When the program director says at the interview to "keep in touch", what exactly does this mean?????:confused:
3) How frequently do you contact them?
--I have been told that you should reiterate on a weekly basis via email how much you like them...
THANKS in ADVANCE!!! ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED!:):confused::love:

There is no protocol. Relax and go snowboarding or something.