post-interview hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mo money

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a letter from my state medical school today. It was thin, but I figured they wouldnt reject me two days before christmas. Well it says that "they are unable to make a decision" yet until after they review more applications, and that they will periodically re-review my application. I didnt even know that this was something they did, i thought it was accept, waitlist or deny. I really want to go to this school and am freaked out. Do you think it is like a step above the waitlist? A step below? Should I start sending letters of interest? ah:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

You from MD? PM me if you don't want to post it here...

I heard that UMD did this quite a bit last year...Some people ended up getting acceptances after five months of waiting, while other waitlisted or rejected...Definitely send a letter and contact the dean of admissions to find out why you're on hold and if there is anything you can do to get yourself an acceptance.

Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
This is exactly what has happened to me with UMD. I interviewed on their first day of interviewing in Sept. At the end of October, I received the ambiguous letter stating that they had "decided not to make a decision" at this time. ARGH! I sent a letter of intent a few weeks later. I have not heard back yet. How would you suggest that I contact the Dean of Admissions- via email?

PSU med has treated me with the same honor!
I plan on submitting my p-bacc coursework from this semester