Post-interview rejection by AZCOM, has it happened 2 u?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zionist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it! I got rejected post-interview by AZCOM. All of my stats were above the average. I am in the state of shock. Is there anyone else in the same situation.:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

time after time, those of us with slightly below average stats wonder how we received interviews at all and it is explained to us that in the eyes of many DO schools we are more than numbers. AZCOM probably found something wrong they just couldn't live with despite good numbers etc.

Its been said before and for the first time ever I will say it myself:
"Numbers aren't everything: high, low or average"

never EVER thought I'd say that, sheesh

interesting post...

i just interviewed at AZCOM earlier this month. i had an extremely positive interview and even had lunch with the MSIII on my panel. she even said i had a great interview and that she rated me very high.

i called last week to check my status and was disappointed to hear i'd been rejected. the dean of admissions said the ADCOM just couldnt get by my undergrad grades but that i interviewed especially well and he wished me luck...

i had a tough time in undergrad, so i can see the problem with the grades. however, i was lead to believe that my stats were good enough for admission by the talk they gave first thing in the am at the interview. i feel as if my interview really didnt mean anything and perhaps i shouldnt have been given one at all if the ADCOM was that dissatisfied with my grades.

that said, i still feel everyone at AZCOM was wonderful and that it is an excellant school with a first rate staff.

i certainly feel your pain on the post interview rejection...

jeff

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jeff,
Can u tell me your stats. Mayb my stats were the prob too. I had 28N MCAT and 3.65 GPA. Are yours comparable to mine

sure--

12V 9B 9P OW

2.6 undergrad and 3.7 postbach

EMT for four years with 2000 hours volunteer service

hope this helps ease your mind, but i doubt it...your grades are pretty money!

jeff

--COMP class of 2007

Hey Jeff,
I interviewed COMP two weeks ago. Who knows I probably will c u (hopefully) next year
Mike

good luck. hope to see you there in the fall.

by the way, how was your interview?

Mike (Zionist),
I thought you had an interview coming up on the 26th of November at COMP?
Did you reschedule? How was it? What do people wear?
What do you think of V8, B8, P9 and 2.9 science? Any chance?
Getting nervous....oh well, always next year I guess.
Thanks everyone for all the posts, this is great to have someone to talk to!!

hall guy,

if i can do it, anyone can.

kick ass on your interview and maybe i'll see you there too

Hall Guy,
Yeah I was schedulated for the 26th but I called to c if they had any cancelations and they happened to had one on Nov. 12 and I took it.
As far as clothing goes, you should be dressed up like you are for any other interview. and I know that may be a bit of torture considering the 80-90 temperature in southern cal :)

I thought that I kicked butt on the AZCOM interview! I also ate lunch with the MSIII that interviewed me and he told me I did great as well. What frustrates me is that I was waitlisted after I flew all the way to Arizona from Tennessee. I guarantee you that I didn't get accepted because of my MCAT: 22Q, my Gpa was great, 3.65 overall, and 3.92 science. I wish that they just wouldn't have interviewed me, because I got into my first school I interviewed at (UHS) and that is where I will be next year. $400 wasted!!!!:mad: :mad: Oh well. at least I got an interview at all.

Vanessa

:rolleyes
I know your feeling, I spend $350 on that *^&^&^&^ school just 2 get a post-interview rejection.

Originally posted by lapiz007

i had a tough time in undergrad, so i can see the problem with the grades. however, i was lead to believe that my stats were good enough for admission by the talk they gave first thing in the am at the interview. i feel as if my interview really didnt mean anything and perhaps i shouldnt have been given one at all if the ADCOM was that dissatisfied with my grades.

Ditto the experience - but with TUCOM. We had a pep talk about how we passed a primary and secondary screening process and had to be selected from a pool of 1700 secondary applicants to make the 500 invited for interview. My first interview last year with them went great - that was the feedback I got. But it was some of my grades that caused them to reject me outright.

I interviewed with them again this year - same talk about making it past two screenings - plus it being so early in the cycle - good sign, good chances, they said. Again with the reject.

I can understand if they are concerned about building a repuation of solid students with toutable GPA's. But, *please* - if you tell me I made it past two separate screenings in order to get an interview, for god sakes, don't dump me post interview because of my grades. What were those screenings for, anyway?

that said, i still feel everyone at AZCOM was wonderful and that it is an excellant school with a first rate staff.

Same with TUCOM - very nice staff, very nice students. Very puzzling screening process.

- Tae