Post match ob/gyn residency slot available

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grayce79

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An ob/gyn 2nd year residency position has opened up in San Antonio, TX. This slot would be available to either Army or Air Force candidates. If you have been considering changing specialties or if you are already in ob/gyn and you would like to move to this residency, please contact me and I can give you more info.
One of our interns is resigning this year due to personal reasons.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, I'm one of the other 5 ob interns who will be staying. Somehow the idea of taking someone else's call for the next 3 years doesn't sound like that much fun. Can't blame me for trying to recruit! ;)

No, but I think it's a little shady to post in the OB/GYN forum, looking for potential interest by touting how much extra money they will make as a military resident when you know full well what they will be getting themselves into.

For as much as everyone gripes on this board, I've a had a really great experience so far. I remember wanting to quit hpsp after reading all of the comments on this board but now that I'm active duty, I really don't have anything to complain about.

well...anybody qualified to accept a PGY 2 military sponsored GME spot is already commisioned as a medical corps officer...therefore, whether or not the OP is trying to lure someone into military medicine is a moot point...unless of course there is a civilian currently in a civilian general surgery internship that is (1) interested in OB/GYN and (2) wanting a direct commision into the military as a PGY1...I don't think that's possible...then again, I'm sure the military would be more than glad to have you:laugh: :smuggrin:

For as much as everyone gripes on this board, I've a had a really great experience so far. I remember wanting to quit hpsp after reading all of the comments on this board but now that I'm active duty, I really don't have anything to complain about.

I would imagine, that Ob gyn is one of the few specialties thats not as much different as many others.

or at least the OB part is busy.

If there is one thing that young Airmen, Soldiers and Sailors know how to do well, its procreate.
many of them can't even seem to stop while they are deployed.

i want out

many of them can't even seem to stop while they are deployed.

Some deliberately don't stop while deployed. When I was in the desert, pregnancy was an instant ticket back home.

Yup, there is no shortage or pregnancies, STDs, or young girls who suddenly started having pelvic pain when they started training.