Post May 15th Acceptance Etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joffo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the deal is if you already have an acceptance and then receive an offer from another school after May 15th? What kind of timeframe do you get to decide and does that include seeing your financial aid offer before making your decision?

Members don't see this ad.

joffo said:
Does anyone know what the deal is if you already have an acceptance and then receive an offer from another school after May 15th? What kind of timeframe do you get to decide and does that include seeing your financial aid offer before making your decision?

u mean getting in off a WL ? (after may 15) then i think u can still take the time to make your decision but you dont get your deposit back from the school you said youd attend prior to may 15th. schools know ppl get in off WL to other schools, so its cool just a money thing. at least, thats what i think. what do you other SDNers think ?

acidhouse303 said:
u mean getting in off a WL ? (after may 15)
Right. I'm just wondering if there is a standard amount of time given to respond (ie 2 weeks seems common pre may 15th) and if they give you financial aid info before you are required to respond?

on another thread, someone said that schools have different policies....some give 24 hours, others give 1 week, etc...for you to say, after getting in off of the waitlist, for sure whether or not you'll go.

but i'm just going off of what someone posted on the other thread, and i have absolutely no idea how it works.

acidhouse303 said:
u mean getting in off a WL ? (after may 15) then i think u can still take the time to make your decision but you dont get your deposit back from the school you said youd attend prior to may 15th. schools know ppl get in off WL to other schools, so its cool just a money thing. at least, thats what i think. what do you other SDNers think ?