Post post-bacc chances =P

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bensherman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!

I'm well into the first semester of my post-bacc and I was wondering if anyone had any insight into the success of other students who completed post-baccs.

Me: I graduated from UC Berkeley with a 3.25 cGPA and 3.15 BCPM. I have not taken the MCAT yet.

Post-bacc: I'm taking 4 classes this semester, and I plan to take 4 next semester (for a total of 24 semester units). I just got my midterm grades back for the first round, and I got A's on all of them (I hope to keep up this streak - I'm studying like crazy).

I was a bio major in college so I have a bunch of science classes under my belt. I calculated it and I found out that if I get A's in all my classes for the entire year (4.0 in the post-bacc), I'll have a 3.36 cGPA and 3.30 BCPM.

What are my chances? (assuming I have pretty solid EC's and can get strong letters)

Members don't see this ad.

No good feedback can be given due to 2 reasons: 1) No MCAT score, 2) No rough idea of where you'll be applying.

DO school will probably be very accessible with a good MCAT score (28). You'd need probably around a 34+ for MD to "make up" for being under 3.5. If you were a "true" non-traditional student with a few years of work/etc. under your belt, I think MD would be attainable after a year of post-bacc with a 4.0.