Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Post-Sec Experiences......how many?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by synite, May 25, 2001.

1. synite

synite Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I figured this deserved a separate thread, since a few people have brought it up....

About how many post-sec experiences is appropriate? obviously 50 is too many. but the instructions are so vague. i have 19 solid items (including awards/honors) but that seems like too many. except reducing the number is really difficult since each one is important to me.

what do you all think? how many are you all including? let's see if we can come up with a reasonable range.

2. Col_4:14

Col_4:14 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

List them all!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jamier2

Jamier2 SDN Hillbilly Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

I hate that this question has to be asked, mostly because I could use the answer myself. I don't really think anyone can give a definite answer since this is the first year for this on the application as far as I know. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Doctor Wyldstyle

Doctor Wyldstyle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

How do you post your awards like Dean's List? Should I list each semester that I acheived it like it indicates on my transcripts? I listed it down in general for last year, but this year only gives you a single date.

5. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i wouldn't include making the dean's list for a few reasons:
    1) as you mentioned, it's listed on the transcript, which adcomms will see. why go to the effort to bring it to their attention again?
    2) it's my understanding that this sxn. is to be reserved for significant items. at my school, >3.5 makes the dean's list. a good percentage of applicants fall into this category, so mentioning it won't do much to set you apart.
    these are just my thoughts; feel free to counter if you disagree--i'd love to hear other angles to this issue.