Post-Secondary Experiences Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDgonnabe

your royal travesty
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Here's a quickie. I was involved in a campus band for two years and normally that would count as an extracurricular activity, however I got arts credits for the experience. Should I still list it under post-secondary experiences or should I assume they'll see it on my transcript? With the way things are set up it seems like they look at their application first and use the transcript as a quick check for validity so I wanted to make sure they noticed the music courses. Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Put it down on your post-secondary experiences. Chances are that they wouldn't really notice it if were only in your transcript.

Chances are that youre only getting one credit hour for band, but I would guess that you are putting far more into that class than one hour per week! I dont think there will be a problem with putting it in the post-sec experiences... especially if you are doing performances outside of class time.

Yes, I was only getting 1 credit for it per semester and practicing about 3 hours per week in addition to concerts etc. Thanks for the input! :D