1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Post-Secondary Experiences Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by MDgonnabe, Jun 30, 2001.

1. MDgonnabe

MDgonnabe your royal travesty
    7+ Year Member

Hey guys,

Here's a quickie. I was involved in a campus band for two years and normally that would count as an extracurricular activity, however I got arts credits for the experience. Should I still list it under post-secondary experiences or should I assume they'll see it on my transcript? With the way things are set up it seems like they look at their application first and use the transcript as a quick check for validity so I wanted to make sure they noticed the music courses. Thanks so much in advance!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AJM

AJM SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Put it down on your post-secondary experiences. Chances are that they wouldn't really notice it if were only in your transcript.

4. kltmd

kltmd Member
    7+ Year Member

Chances are that youre only getting one credit hour for band, but I would guess that you are putting far more into that class than one hour per week! I dont think there will be a problem with putting it in the post-sec experiences... especially if you are doing performances outside of class time.

5. MDgonnabe

MDgonnabe your royal travesty
    7+ Year Member

Yes, I was only getting 1 credit for it per semester and practicing about 3 hours per week in addition to concerts etc. Thanks for the input! :D